KPI tells the performance of a network on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, which helps to improve the network, so that operator & customer both enjoys the service at its most.
Key Performance Indicators for Telecom Industry are :-
Systems and Network Performance Analysis / Capacity Planning
- Grade of service
- Service life of equipment
- Bit error ratio (data, bits & elements transfer)
- Bit rate (data, bits and elements transfer)
- Downtime / Time out of service
- Call completion ratio
- Cost of support systems
- Cost of operational systems
- Average call length
- Analysis of ASR routes
- Network traffic, congestion
- Idle time on network
- Dropped calls
- Mean Opinion Score
- Duration of calls
- Billed amount on each call
- % of land covered with services
- % of population covered with services
- Average land unavailable to services
- Average population unavailable to services
- Access to customer service
- % of open and level of escalation priority required
- % closed
- Mean time to resolved
- Work in progress
- Customer service level statistics
- Customer segmentation
- Analysis of subscriptions
- Top N customers
- Churn (No. of Subscriber who stopped using Services or left particular network)
(Answer / Seizure) * 100 = Answer Seizure Ratio.
Standard Value = 40% - 45%.
MOU (Minutes of Usage) per Subscriber – It calculates the Total Minutes used in a Network divided by the number of subscribers.
CCR (Call Completion Ratio) - Total no of calls completed / Total no of calls attempted * 100%
Higher the ratio is better.
Standard Value > 98%.
LUSR (Location Update Success Rate) - Its a ratio of no.of times mobiles update its location successfully to the no.of times mobiles request network for Location update.
LUSR = (Location Update Success / Location Update Request)*100.
Standard Value >= 98%.
PSR (Paging Success Rate) - Its a ratio of no.of times network successfully find the mobiles to the no.of times network tries to locate the mobiles within its area.
PSR = (No.of Network Paging Response / No.of Network Paging Attempts)*100.
Standard Value >= 92%.
More Information from Readers are Expected !!!